Friday, July 02, 2010

Movie Review: The Last Airbender

Now, I know I have a history of rigidity of thought regarding remakes of beloved media. And while I've accepted the Harry Potter movies as delightful [I've got an essay on that brewing for later.], you all may remember how I felt about Watchmen.

So, last night I went to see The Last Airbender with my roommates in 3D. Apparently, accepting remakes is a hell of a lot easier when they're WELL DONE.

Sweet fancy moses, was that a TERRIBLE MOVIE. Here is a sampling of my tweets from last night and this morning:


There was a lot more profanity in the car on the way home from the theater, but I like to keep this family-friendly [sorta.]

See, here's the thing. Not only was there EPIC race fail [whose bright idea was it to make the villains brown?] - but there was also acting fail, cinematography fail, special effects fail, 3D retro-fit fail, and the most extreme plot fail.

I knew it wasn't going to be great. I was ready for changes in the script. But, dude. Over-all, one of the worst movies I have seen in an extremely long time. I was BORED. The logic was incomprehensible. Poor Dev Patel was the only bright spot in an over-all steaming shit-pile of a movie.

So. There's my two cents. Take yours and buy the animated series instead of seeing the film. Go on, you know you want to.

[And while you're at it, go sign this petition. ♥]

No comments:

Post a Comment