Tuesday, February 08, 2011

It was time.

Attired to please herself: no gems of any kind
She wore, nor aught of borrowed gloss in Nature's stead;
And, then her long, loose hair flung round her head
Fell carelessly behind.
~Publius Terentius Afer


I got my hair cut this weekend. All of them, actually. The story in photos after the jump.





Waterfall of Hair.
An idea of the size of the pony tail I was lugging around. [This was taken by my mother whilst I was getting my most recent tattoo. That's right, my mom is That Cool.]

Pony Tail.
And that same pony tail in the hands of my hair stylist, Laura.

High off haircut endorphins!
A bit of the Crazy Eyes going on here. I WAS REALLY EXCITED.

Take me to your leader.
The Alien Invader portion of the day.

Pleased!
Laura is doing a final shoozsh of my hair. She was extra-happy to get to do some major chopping after so many small trims. She's always said I've got enough hair for three people, and she kept exclaiming at the diameter of the pony tail once it had been cut [which took 3 passes of the scissors to get all the way through].

Ramona Flowers.
I've been calling this my "Ramona Flowers" 'do. I wish I had a giant hammer to lug around! Photo credit: Tom Price, my pops.



All together, I donated 10+ inches to Locks of Love, which manufactures free hairpieces for children that are disadvantaged and suffering from medical conditions which cause them to lose their hair, such as alopecia areata and cancer treatments. I am extremely proud to have been able to help an organization whose sole purpose is lifting self esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment