Thursday, August 18, 2011

Compost, naturally.

So, I don't garden. I've got a black thumb and a bad track record with anything alive that can't tell me when it's hungry. [At least fish move and catch my attention...]

But my roommates and I eat a lot of fresh produce [woooo co-op!], and I feel terrible just... throwing those scraps away.

So I have a proposition. We have a large, shaded yard, and plenty of space to keep a compost bin. Would anyone out there who uses a community garden, [or container pots, or something else along those lines] like to get in on some sweet sweet composting action?

I'd like to vermicompost, with some red wrigglers, so if that interests any of y'all, drop me a line! molly [at] mollyprice [dot] net.

As much as I'm sure people would like it to be straight-up organic, it won't be. I'm more concerned with supporting local farms, whether they're organic or not. Luckily, many of them are IPM at least, so there's that.

So, whaddaya say? Want my worm poop?

No comments:

Post a Comment