Wednesday, September 08, 2010

10 Extremely Compelling Reasons for SPX Attendance

10 Reasons you should attend the Small Press Expo on Saturday, September 11th and Sunday, September 12th.:

1: You will be supporting independent artists. [This is, I feel, the most important point, because art is extremely important to me.]

2: You will have a chance to buy neat swag that's not available elsewhere.

3: You will be able to meet COMPLETELY AWESOME PEOPLE who make amazing things for you to read and view.

4: I will be volunteering there on Saturday, from 1pm to 5pm. I don't know what I'll be doing yet, but you better believe I will be doing it ENTHUSIASTICALLY. Watch my twitter on Saturday for details, cos I am going to tweet my little heart out. Also keep an eye on #SPX2010, cos I have a feeling it will be jumping.

5: Bethesda is quite pretty, actually, and the hotel is GORGEOUS.

6: It’s only $10 for a single day pass, and only $15 for both. This is an Outrageous Deal, y’all.

7: It’s easy to get to, wot with a Metro stop across the street, not to mention tons of parking in several garages nearby.

8: There is a Chocolate Fountain, y’all. I am not even making this up.

9: ANIMATION SHOWCASE.

10: Proceeds benefit the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.



If all this doesn’t make you want to go SO BAD, then you might be a robot and incapable of persuasion. If this is the case, can we be BFF? I’ve always wanted a robot BFF.

Photos courtesy of Rachel, SPX2009

molly at SPX

excited molly is excited

No comments:

Post a Comment